Airsoft Gates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft Gates

A forum to discuss airsoft and stargate

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Airsoftguy
Admin
Airsoftguy

Male Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-09-28

Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer Empty
PostSubject: Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer   Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer EmptyMon Dec 17, 2007 7:24 pm

I love root beer. Every time I see a new one I just have to try it. So far I have I have had about 20 root beers, birch beers and sarsaparillas, so I thought I would right a quick guide/mini review on them. *All ratings are on scale of 1 to 10.

A&W: 3 of 10

I do not really consider this a good root beer, because most good root beers will come in a glass bottle, but it is one of the most common. It does not have much flavor, and it is a little to sweet. Probably, the sweetness woud be perfect except for the lack of flavor. But it will do if there is no pother root beer to be had.

Sea Dog Root Beer: 8 1/2 of 10

Yes! Now we are into GOOD root beers. I like this one a lot. It just has a good flavor, and nothing really weird about it. I often prefer birch beer and sarsaparillas to true root beers, but this is one of my favorites.

Boylan's Root Beer: 3 1/2 of 10

This root beer is very unusual. It gets most of it's flavor from "Pure yucka extract" (I am pretty sure I spelled yucka wrong, so please correct me if you know how it's spelled. Better yet, mod it if you are a mod) It's not bad, but I do not enjoy it as much as some more normal root beers.

Boylan's Birch Beer: 7 of 10

Now this is good! I like this much more than their root beer. It tastes like birch beer, and not some strange beverage from.... somewhere strange like the root beer. Like the root beer, it is sweetened with cane sugar, which I find always makes root beer better. (Except when there is just no hope for the drink lol)

IBC: 5 of 10

This root beer is very common and easy to find. It is one of my favorites, because it just tastes like root beer. It has a kinda sharp bite, but usually not to much of one to make it bad. It is right in the middle of root beers imo. Not the greatest, but not by any means the worst.

Sioux City sodas

I am going to make this a whole section, because I didn't want to type "Sioux City 3-5 times lol".

ROOT BEER: 4 1/2 of 10

I was expecting a very good root beer from Sioux City, but this is only alright. It doesn't taste at all bad, it just doesn't have any different exiting flavor.

SARSAPARILLA: 8 2/3 of 10

This is very good. I like it a lot, and would drink it almost any time. Very good flavor, good sweetness, and not to much carbonation.

BIRCH BEER: 9 of 10

May just be my favorite drink. It is very refreshing and almost bursting with flavor. It is a red birch beer, which is kinda cool, and the have in the last few months switched from a brown bottle to a clear bottle to show off the color. The birch flavor is nice, and there is also a little mint flavor I think, which is common for a birch beer.

Sprecher root beer: 5 of 10

This root beer is pretty good. It is sweetened with honey, which I usually don't like in a root beer, but they pull it off. It is around the same level with IBC, but I might like IBC a little more. But this comes in a 16 oz bottle. (YAY!) Any excuse to drink more root beer lol.

Olde Brooklyn root beer: 2

Ok, I don't like this at all. And it's MADE BY SIOUX CITY!!!!!!! Ok, anyway, it doesn't have much flavor, and the flavor it does have kinda tasts like medicine. I don't like it.

*More root beers coming very soon

Please give YOUR feed back on these root beers, or list some of your favorites or root beers you hate.

Last edited by on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://airsoftgates.forumotion.com
snip3r
ASG Senior Airman
snip3r

Male Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer   Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 5:22 pm

Just make sure everyone knows this is your opinon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.goarmy.com/flindex.jsp
Senor Awesome
ASG Sgt.
Senor Awesome

Male Number of posts : 160

PostSubject: Re: Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer   Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 5:23 pm

And A&W is good

12/10

or something like that

Its a lot better than a 3
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy
Admin
Airsoftguy

PostSubject: Re: Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer   Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 8:34 pm

Yes, this is just opinion. Senor, can you list some of the root beers you have had? I just want to know what you are comparing A&W to.
Back to top Go down
Senor Awesome
ASG Sgt.
Senor Awesome

Male Number of posts : 160

PostSubject: Re: Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer   Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 9:03 pm

IBC

Mug

Barks or however its spelled

I forget Sad
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy
Admin
Airsoftguy

PostSubject: Re: Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer   Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 9:12 pm

IMO the only really good root beer there is IBC. Until you have root beers like Hanks, Birch beers and Sarsaparillas like Sioux City makes, A&W may taste good. But you gotta have a REALLY root beer, and then you will not give it more than a 3 either. I gave it a 3 because their is nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't come close to other root beers imho. You may not agree, thats fine. I know people who love root beers I can't stand. Everyone has different tastes.

Edit by Senor- No

Im drinking some A&W riiiiiiiiiiight now

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Back to top Go down
jacobo
ASG Senior Airman

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer   Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 10:03 am

to me all root beers taste the same
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy
Admin
Airsoftguy

PostSubject: Re: Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer   Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 2:12 pm

Can you list the Root Beers you have tasted? Cause I agree that a lot of root beers taste almost exactly the same, but there are some that are really great.
Back to top Go down
jacobo
ASG Senior Airman

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer   Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 3:02 pm

i dont know all the ones i have tasted... i just drink it. the only ones i can "remember" are A&W and Mug because its a popular brand but the others i dont recall the brand....

EDIT: also "barqs"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer   Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer Empty

Back to top Go down

Airsoftguy's guide to GOOD root beer
Page 1 of 1